View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Spudbro,
What a wonderful note and summary of your ordeal! Thanks for giving us hope. We are still fresh into it but your encouragment helps. My son is still in survival mode but just now 8 weeks out. He seems to be less uncomfortable with symptoms and paying more attention to the world around him. The sad part is, he is still talking about wrestling. He goes on about how nothing else gives him the feeling of achievement he gets from matches. He is such a competitive person. I am just trying to get him well enough to be our son again. He has gotton alot better, these past few days, sleep is better, less dizziness, headaches etc. He had a preimpact test and his post was way off and 2 weeks later, that one was even worse. They will not repeat it until his symptoms go away. Our challenge this weekend will be keeping him well and having him not relapse because he is feeling better. He wants to go to friends sweet 16 party. The parents are home and I know there is no drinking. I think it will be O.K. As you said, getting the morale up and the support of friends helps. They are having a guest speaker, a neuropschologist on sports concussion come to the school and speak to parents about concussions to educate more. The school has been trying to get on board about this thanks to the trainer at the school who is devaststated about the extent of my son's injury. I have assured her that she only did what was advised and no one blames her. He went back out to finish his match, after his injury. I was not there but this is probably why he is healing for so long. My son kept begging to finish and said he was fine. He knew the president and could stand on one leg. I do not blame anyone because, most trainers are still unclear what to do here. She has been excellent and very supportive and has been even trying to educate his teachers about it. I think alot is going to change in the future. Unfortunately, your daughter and my son are the poster children as to why it should!! I wish you and your daughter well and send thanks so much.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-24-2011)