Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default joan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael7733 View Post
jes123 : <QUOTE>i have just been hit by the proverbial 2 x 4; my world has been rocked and i am sad beyond belief. just this morning, i learned that a dear friend & fellow pd patient, paula from florida has been dxed with esophageal cancer.this is just the icing on the cake for dealing with the devestating effects of pd for over the past 20 yrs-
15 of those years as a very good friend to me...traveling to peoria to support me when i have had my fundraisers and galas. paula is always here-right where i needed her, dyskinetic as hell, and having the time of her life. paula especially loves the bands that i had to play at my events (ready, steady, go is a particular fave!). she can dance for hours unmindful of the pd for the short time that she can abandon herself to the music. i applaud her choice of quality of life rather than to undergo chemo and radiaation just to buy extra days. i love you paula and i am just a bit jealous. you are right when you say that parkinson's prepares you for death-in a good way. it forces one to set priorities and to live in the joy of the moment. thank you for teaching me to dance</Quote>
i have not seen any pwp suffer as you do. and yet you make me laugh. that's the trick. i love you.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote