View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Mrseberly,

Pain in varying degrees is expected for the first few days after a tooth extraction. Sometime the more difficult the extraction the more it hurts... but not always.

You should not put anything inside of the surgical hole...absolutely nothing. White looking stuff seen inside of an extraction site on the first or second day after surgery can be a surgical material that was placed inside of the hole. Do not try to remove that. Also, do not do the "bubble test" because this could actually cause a perforation into the sinuses.

If your husband was given pain meds, he should take them. He should not rinse with anything for the first 24 hours. After that time he should start to rinse very gently with warm salt water and continue rinsing with that for several days. NO mouthwash because the chemicals in them can disrupt the healing process and contribute to a dry socket which can be very painful and would require additional dental treatment to help remedy. NO smoking or drinking alcohol until the surgical holes close up. Both of these things can cause pain and prevent the areas from healing closed.

It would be normal for your husband to have some bleeding during this first night, even while sleeping. If the surgical sites are oozing blood tomorrow, he needs to see his dentist. If they are just bleeding a little bit or bleeding on and off throughout tomorrow, that is normal.

I hope this information helps. Please let us know how he's s doing.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrseberly View Post
Please help,My husband just had two upper teeth removed today.They did not give him stitches.One of his tooth was harder to remove,I guess she said he had strong roots.Anyways,He's in pretty bad shape.His mouth hurts very very bad,He says there is pain up by his nose and his forehead.You can see something white in the one extraction site.I've been doing research,And I found it could be a piece of tooth or bone.And that he may have that sinus problem but I did the bubble test and I cant see anything.Do you think he's just pretty badly sore from how hard it took to get the tooth out?Anything will help.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote