View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default confused about a test result???

I just had another neuropsych eval, this one by a neuropsychologist, testing my memory and brain function. I actually did well, he said. What is confusing to me is this one test, really a "screening", wherein I answered a handful of questions about my memory. Questions like, "with my memory in it's current condition I cannot do my work properly" or something like that. I would have to rate each statement 0 to 5, how appropriate each statement was to my current belief about my memory.

Well, when this guy shows me the results of the test it's a nice pretty bar graph with results for Depression, Anxiety and Pain, comparing me first to general population and then to Pain Patients, and Im near the top for Depression and just a little behind that for Anxiety, while just about middle of the pack for Pain. What I don't get is, how did this test get any of that from my answers about memory? Does anybody recognize this test from my description and can you explain to me how this thing can even work?

Sounds to me like a set up, but since it's a work comp case I have come to be suspicious of everything....
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote