View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I'd ask this question over at RSD forum too.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum21.html

The problem with this patch for PNers as I see it, is that we cannot stand Capsaicin in the first place.

The second problem is that our PN is more global, and targeting where the patch should be placed is difficult if not impossible for some of our posters.

As far as lasting quality... drug studies can be deceptive as we have all learned in the past decade. They didn't do them on very many patients for these patches, so those post marketing results may be very different than what the studies suggest.

If doctors knew it was shorter duration for these very expensive patches, they may not be so eager to suggest or prescribe them. So the drug company may not release that data...this is common with other drugs too. That is how the industry works.
Glaxo was forced by the Attorney General of NY state to release ALL of its studies on Paxil several years ago, and that revealed many studies of ineffectiveness.

Also I believe the post herpetic neuralgia is the approved indication for this patch. You used it for an off label purpose, and there may be few if any studies including RSD. That is another question you should ask the manufacturer.

So it is difficult to answer your question. Have you called the manufacturer and asked there? You "may" get a response or not, but it is worth a try, IMO.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote