Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I also experienced the same as far as not experiencing any major symptoms until the next day. Absolutely, rest has proven to be the best as far as the road to recovery.

Although your injury did not happen at work, does your employer provide short term disability? I was lucky that mine did and received pay while I was off. (I have been very fortunate that I have not had struggles with my employer in regards to the PCS)

If you can, perhaps look into Velvatint for your glasses (if you wear them) or even consider going to an optometrist for tinted lenses in frames. The lenses are slightly pink in color (virtually unnoticable against the skin) and help lessen the effect of flourescent lights. They are not a cure-all but certainly have helped me while I work (I stare at a computer all day too).

If you are able, take breaks while working at the computer, even if it is to shut your eyes for 5 minutes. I call them NonSmoking breaks. I figure if people can take smoke breaks, it should be okay for me to use my time in a different way!

Welcome, and I hope this helps
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote