View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

One of the main reasons I went ahead with the RF was because my Docotor had performed 6 Stellate Blocks. As a result of this, my Doctor was VERY FAMILIAR with my neck anatomy. Since the RF is performed in an essentially identical manner (the only difference being that the needle with the RF is then positioned a bit differently in order to create the "discreet lesions" on the nerve), I had the utmost confidence in my Doctor.

I did not experience ANY of the side effects that "might" occur with this procedure (other than a sore neck). I attribute the success that I experienced to (1). the technical SKILL my Docotor possesses, and just as importantly,(2). my Docotor's familiarity with ME and my neck anatomy. (3). the procedure was performed under flouroscopy, and the Doctor could see EXACTLY where the needle was positioned before zapping the nerve with the RF.

But again, this was just "my experience", and my Doc and I discussed it VERY THOROUGHLY before I made my decision to go ahead with the RF.

Perhaps this info will help.

Sincerely,

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote