View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had breast cancer in 1991, and was terrified because the markers came back that it was hormonal and it was highly reccomended that I get a full hysterectomy. im 29! I thought. The MD said "do you want to be 30?" I got the point. I geared myself up and gritted my teeth. I presented myself.

I woke from surgery and felt horrible, but the MD slapped an estrogen patch on me and in 20 mins I felt tons better. it said sometimes you can get an estrogen crash after a surgical menopause. They weaned me off the patch for the next few days and I didnt have a problem.

I didnt have massive night sweats, or mood swings like most folks claimed I would. oh boy! I did NOT miss my period! it was awful and would go for 9 days and then 3 weeks later, start again. I was anemic from blood loss due to it, and was forever eating iron pills. it was great to feel some energy return.

My skin stays clear, my muscle tone is great and my bone density is right where it should be. (exercise if MEGA important after to keep building bone like estrogen does)

Im sorry you are going thru this, but let me tell you, if I could go back and confront the 29 year old me I would tell her to "calm down." its going to be ok. I dont have anymore cramps, I dont have anymore ruptured cysts I dont have anymore pain, and since it was all done and over the worry of "is it cancer" left me. There is a ton of female cancers in my family. it would ride my mind like a horse in the night.

You will do great!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-10-2012), ger715 (05-29-2012), Saffy (05-30-2012)