View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticMonkey View Post

I use to constantly check my pulse thinking that my heart rate was to fast and that i was going to have a heart attack at any given moment. Eventually i stopped thinking things like that, realizing i was only making my anxiety worse. And that may be what you're doing?

Although that was in the very beginning of my recovery, i still have obsessive thoughts from time to time. Mark In Idaho once told me when i was having derealization, to get busy with something like doing the dishes or taking a shower to get my mind off of it. And that really helped, Maybe try doing the same Marina22?

I know I posted thanks about this but it feels so good to know someone else did this too. It doesn't happen to me as much as it used to, but is still quite bothersome. I like the suggestion about doing other things. I will try it.
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marina22 (05-25-2012)