Thread: Abnormal Pap
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'd ask my doctor for a complete explanation of the Pap Test results and just what exactly they found.

I've had abnormal paps before. What they found were pre-cancerous cells. Not cancerous yet but without monitoring they could turn cancerous. I have pap tests every six months.

Normally a test called a Colposcopy is done. That's there the doctor takes a small sample of the pre-cancerous area and has it biopsied. It's an in-office procedure and you can get on with your day afterwards. Little to no discomfort.

Surgery, if needed, should be a last resort.

As far as the ovarian cyst.....I've had that, too. But it was in 1986 and I did have surgery to have it removed. They removed my right ovary at the time, too, leaving me with just the left ovary. I was told I had a slim chance of becoming pregnant again. I was pregnant within 3 months after the surgery!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-25-2012), Kitt (05-25-2012)