View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr. Blaylock on the immune system

Dr. Blaylock's latest newsletter was devoted entirely to the Immune System and how it interacts with the brain and gut. He said new research shows that a number of antibiotics actually suppress immunity, including cellular immunity, and this is especially true for the tetracycline group of antibiotics, such as doxycycline. He went on to say suppressing the cellular immunity is so efficient by these antibiotics that they are now used to treat conditions where there is excessive cellular immune activity, such as rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus and MS.

This was so enlightening to me. Our grandson had a bad case of acne when he was in high school and my son finally took him to the derm in his senior year. He prescribed doxycycline and his face cleared up quickly. However, he came down with mono later in the year and now in college, contracted acanthamoeba, a rare and very serious eye problem, which is difficult to diagnose and must be treated quickly to save the patient's sight. I now believe his immunity was jeopardized by the doxycycline, resulting in mono--his two brothers didn't get it--and the next year this acanthamoeba--no one else in his dorm has it--but he's the one with the compromised immune system.
Joano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-28-2012), mrsD (05-25-2012)