View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 04:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post

Doc
e

You're a doll. Not only do you have the gift of wisdom, you always give me a badly needed chuckle at the right time.

No responses from posting at both locations. I spent the day combing the internet and have decided not to go with the pump, regardless of make or model. The procedure is more invassive than I want to deal with. There are various reasons why I don't feel like I am a good candidate.

The pain is just unbearable but I will just have to learn to deal with it. I am running out of steam after 30 years of this BS. I have been so reluctant to have another sched.II increase as I live alone and now fall at least twice a week. With the infamous Medicaid cutbacks, I am receiving less and less Home Health assistance. I agreed to a bedtime increase but am remaining at the same level durring the day. Hopefully, I will get a bit more rest and that might improve matters a bit.

Everyone agrees that I am not safe, living alone. Yes, I have a lifeline button and use it as needed if the fall involves hitting my head or a seizure. The kids don't have room for me and I am not ready, mentally, for a govt. subsidized nursing home. I just can't chuck my belongings and move into a semi private room that is smaller than my living room. I stayed in one for five months for intensive PT about ten years ago and it was pure hell. I felt totally stripped of my privacy and self respect. Forgive the complaining. Hugz to one and all.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (05-26-2012)