View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I do the same thing! I actually had the same experience as far as when I went to the doc they said my speech was fine. *Howeverrrr* my parents and my friends notice the speech decline, and the fact that it takes longer to have a sentence come out.

I can be in mid conversation and completely forget what I was talking about, even without distraction. It can be scary and frustrating too. (scary because I have to control the obsessive unfounded thoughts that it could turn into alzheimer's) I'm sure it wont!

I am just going to hold onto the fact that it will get better, but like you, I notice some decline in areas that were not a problem when I initially was injured.

I hope that the program doesn't kick you out. It's too bad that they are doing it based only on improvements, and not based on what you need help with!!! Maybe you can re-enroll if that happens? (I know, probably not, but worth a try)

Good luck...
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote