View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ContourSide Pillow by Relax The BackŪ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I plan on getting this bed after I win the lotto! http://www.relaxtheback.com/sleep/ma...-mattress.html

I found a solution that I believe makes a bed like this unnecessary for me. I was originally a stomach sleeper but have been able to convert to side sleeping. Sleeping on my back has never been comfortable unless I am in the zero gravity chair. I have multiple types of pillow that I can sleep well with on my sides, but I periodically aggravate bursitis in my shoulders. My therapist believes my shoulders were bearing too much weight/pressure when side sleeping.

I browsed the Relax the Back website earlier this week and found these specialty pillows made for side sleeping:

http://www.relaxtheback.com/sidepill...pur-pedic.html

http://www.relaxtheback.com/contourside-pillow-974.html

I read all of the reviews and found this one in particular:
Quote:
Very impressed! Review by Ryan
Value
Quality

I just had my first night of sleep on my new ContourSide and honestly have to say I haven't slept so good in a long time. I suffer from thoracic outlet syndrome which brings with it a lot of upper back and neck pain as well as ulnar nerve numbness at night. I also highly recommend buying the high density black foam roller since I also started using that last night. I have wasted thousands on objects/doctors/prescriptions to help me get a good night sleep, but this is not one of them!

(Posted on 4/3/11)
I went to my local Relax the Back and tried the pillows. I tried the Temper-pedic pilllow first and liked it. However, it only comes in one size (4") and seemed a tad too small for me. The ContourSide pillow felt absolutely amazing. The pillow foam is softer and more luxurious than the Temper-pedic and comes in multiple sizes. The largest (5") size fit me perfectly.

The pillows are not cheap but my wife was on board and I dropped $150 on the Large CounterSide pillow. I just had surgery Thursday and have slept on the pillow Wednesday night and Friday afternoon and night. I don't think i have ever been able to get sleep this restful since my TOS journey started 5 years ago. My wife said I don't move an inch and wake up in the exact same position that I fall asleep in (with our cat Nala parked right next to me). She hasn't observed any tossing, turning, or snoring either. I am sleeping in 4 hour blocks (in between pain med regimen) right now.

If you have a local Relax the Back store I recommend at least giving these pillows a test drive. I'm off for another 4 hours of sleep now!

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

Last edited by nospam; 05-26-2012 at 01:58 PM.
nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (05-27-2012)