Thread: Question???
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the response

After spending most of yesterday researching the SynchroMedII, the more convinced I became that I am not a good candidate for that or any other med pump. From what I could gather, it was a class 1 recall (most serious) but confined to the devices that had not been installed yet. Color me cynical but if I had one of those in my abdomen, assuming it hadn't drifted, I would want it removed. Also, I had not paid attention to how invassive the installation is...........6 inch incission in the abdomen and three inch in the back. The procedure takes 1-3 hours and my pain doc said I would most likely fall into the three hour category. It's done outpatient and someone is supposed to stay with you that night to monitor vitals and watch for dosage error. I spoke to my daughter and her reaction was that she was a teacher, not a nurse and did not feel qualified to sit up all night watching for a possible overdose. I know there are many who have had wonderful luck and relief from them but I fall into the category that if something can go wrong, it will. I declared a moritorium on all unneccessay surgery seven years ago. Thanks again. I really appreciate your input. Have a great weekend.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-26-2012), ger715 (05-27-2012), Rrae (05-28-2012)