Thread: Seltzer
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Annie!! It's nice to know I am not crazy. Sorry for the long response- I haven't been well again. I was diagnosed in February with general MG after being sick for several months with an undiagnosed illness and was told that I have actually had MG for 15 years (I am now 25), because my double vision and ptosis presented at age 10 but my opthamologist never made the connection.

Again thank you again for the information. I think my doctors were so concerned with getting me stable that everyone forgot to explain the do's and don'ts of the disease and now I am learning by trial and error. I thought there were just medications that I had to avoid and lifestyle changes to make- looks like I need to have a serious chat with my neurologist when I see her in 2 weeks.

Looks like I am going to have to find a new drink of choice (I hate traditional soda) because since I cannot drink alcohol I usually just drink seltzer/tonic water with lime to masquerade as a gin & tonic at a party/wedding so I can avoid all of the "why aren't you drinking questions". Maybe that has been what has been fatiguing me - I've been blaming all of the getting ready, length of day and heels.

- Nicole
sunflower1116 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote