View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jess,

I'm not so sure it is an abscess. Could it be a canker sore?

Here's a link of what they look like.

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/wp...-Sore-Gums.jpg

Does it look like that?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiangel View Post
Thank you so much for responding Bryanna. I'm about at my wits end with this. No it definitely has a head on it and looks like a pimple. I thought maybe it was like a gum boil because bone was stuck or something. So I'm assuming it is an abscess. I did what I probably shouldn't have done and looked it up on the internet. They talked about the abscesses going to the brain, mortality rates, etc. which have scared me something awful now. I did everything the doctor told me to do, to a T. I don't smoke, I didn't suck through a straw, I haven't blown my nose, even with my awful allergies. I do know when I was brushing my teeth this morning, I hit an area on the gum above the site, and it really hurt. But only the gum, the extraction site is fine. I can even eat on that side now. The tooth did not have an infection prior to extraction, so I don't understand why this is happening. I know when you get an abscess in tooth, you usually have to have it extracted or a root canal to get rid of infection, but with the tooth gone, what can cause infection? I guess I just don't understand 6 weeks later. I could see a week or so later, but this long, and its been feeling so much better now too, I was feeling so hopeful. Ugh!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote