View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, I'll definitely mention it. Btw, would the fact that I tend to feel tension in both jaws (often near/under/behind the ears) suggest something other than TMJ? I'm also wondering if it might be something vaguely sinus-ish (sinusoidal?) in nature - I once had a deviated septum, and I also might be grinding my teeth due to an overbite, and, ergh, there's probably lots of other stuff that I don't even know about, some of which may not yet be known medical conditions like, er, I dunno, impacted eyebrow herpes, chronic ear scurvy, ingrown tongue, lazy moustache syndrome, total head failure, inability to dance well, Satanic Nostril Possession, etc.

Sorry, I sometimes babble. Anyhow, thanks again, you two.

- John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
NervousMess,

Dental patients should probably be given more information about their dental problems and a clearer explanation of most dental procedures. However, I believe the details and depth of the information needs to be tailored to the individual patient.

Make sure you tell the surgeon about the chronic jaw tension that you have and if possible, point to the area(s) that are bothering you.

Prepare your post op diet and whatever else you need to alter prior to the surgery date. This way, you will feel less stressed during that time.

Keep in touch.......
Bryanna
NervousMess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote