View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

pretdou,

Actually, I am not a moderator. Just a very busy poster who sometimes get a bit overbearing. I have lots of free time to watch NT.

If she is not having head aches, maybe she will do well with gabapentin to help her sleep. It will be much easier on her than a tricyclic antidepressant.

I take it to help my mind relax. It does not sedate me. It just lets me relax if I want to.

Has she tried icing her upper neck?

Regarding the hormone analysis, the lab fees can be close to $400 for the complete work-up. Having a health insurance plan can help reduce the fees even if it does not cover them. The lab will usually only charge the contract rate for the health insurance plan you have. Blue Cross/Blue Shield usually get a hefty discount. Most other major insurance companies usually do to. You apply for coverage, the lab bills at the contracted discount rate, the insurance company declines to pay, then you pay out of pocket at the discount rate.

We've been down this road when my wife had a very high deductible. Paying out of our poor house pockets was worth it for the benefit.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote