View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Natacha, and welcome.

First, the gut is basically our immune system. No, it's not quite that simple but you need to keep your GI tract healthy from top to bottom to stay healthy overall. A leaky gut has been proven to lead to autoimmune problems.

My first reaction is that you need to see an allergist. Chronic sinus problems are most often cause by either allergies or fungal issues with foods (or respiratory/environmental causes). They can do basic skin tests or have you keep a food diary to see if some foods cause you problems. If you sneeze after eating a certain food or have an increased amount of mucus, you might either be allergic to the food or have a food sensitivity.

I can almost hear Teresa approaching . . . What she would say is that you might want to get checked for Celiac Disease. I have it and it's very common. That causes all sorts of GI tract damage, not to mention deficiencies, etc.

Muscle pain can be caused by a lot of things. A Vitamin D deficiency is quite common, so if you can ask your primary doctor to test for that it would be a good idea. MG can cause muscle pain if your muscles become too weak and are overused while they are weak.

You need to be on the lookout for other autoimmune diseases, even though your MG is well managed. When was the last time your doctor did basic testing like those mentioned, or thyroid, B12, cortisol, CBC, chem panel, etc.?

The other thing that can cause a leaky gut is either overuse of antacids or not enough stomach acid, whether you use antacids or not. We need stomach acid to keep a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria in our guts.

I hope you will have a conversation with your primary doc about all of this. Doing "doctoring" through the Internet is a tricky thing. You really need someone with experience to do the necessary testing and watch out for drug interactions! Even OTC supplements can be harmful.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (07-08-2014)