View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:24 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This has been a problem for me at times, although at present the creatine that I describe in another thread seems to be helping even here. You seem to have several problems going at once- 1)her sleep is disturbed; 2)yours too; 3)the wee hours stiffness is a nightmare and a fall just waiting to happen; 4)more sinemet means more urine, at least for me.

I would consider the following-
Lack of sleep will destroy you both. If you can get to the point where she can safely manage the night shift alone, then you will be able to do much more for her. If an extra dose of sinemet made this happen, I would jump on it. Even if she adds another trip to the loo it may be worth it. And those nightly reminders of just how bad things could get are very bad for morale, too.

If she can safely use it, get a bedside commode for the wee hours so that she can let you sleep. If needed, an absorbent pad is an option as well. The main thing is to avoid adding a broken hip to your problems.
Good luck - Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990nyboy View Post
My wife takes her last dose of Sinemet and Comtan at 10:30 PM right before she goes to bed. She will often need to get up 2 or 3 times to go to the bathroom. By the time 2 or 3 AM rolls around, she is too stiff to get out of bed herself and needs my assistance. She takes her first dose of the next day at 7AM. By that time she is extremely stiff and basically can't move at all without assistance.

She has tried Sinemet CR and it was totally worthless! I know that Impax and GSK will soon be launching a new long-acting Sinemet which is appears to be the first really long-acting Sinemet. Far more effective than Sinemet CR or Sinemet with Comtan. Hopefully, this should be useful for overnight dosing as well.

In the mean time, what do folks do about this problem? Do you take a middle of the night dose? Do you do something else? Thanks in advance.

Folks here always have great ideas!

Howard
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-30-2012)