View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gabapentin - Worse Headaches?

Has anyone else taken Gabapentin(Neurontin) and had success with it? Anyone have worse headaches on it? I've been on it for five days now and have gotten more frequent and worse headaches than before I started it. I'm taking 300mg and I am supposed increase the dosage to 600mg after a week. After day three, I emailed my neurologist about my situation and replied that she wants me to keep trying it as it takes a few weeks to kick in. Well, I think its already kicking(my butt) in. I don't think I can continue it for much longer.

I am still on 30mg of Amitriptyline a day and my neurologist prescribed the Gabapentin because the Amitriptyline was not mitigating all of my headaches. She is of the mindset that you must treat the headaches as aggressively as possible. Take as much medication as it takes in order to have completely headache-free days, thus breaking the vicious cycle. Now the Amitriptyline alone was giving me some headache-free days but nothing consistant. I still would have more headache days a week than non-headache. Always more prone to them after computer use. Plus, I would and still always have discomfort such as a cold or numbing sensation around my forehead and eye sockets.

__________________________________________________ ____________
10 months PCS. Chronic daily migraine and tension headaches.
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote