View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
The injections IF they work, would ONLY help with the pain. They would NOT solve the problem that the EMG is stating that you have, which is nerve impingement.

You must remember too, that EMG's are not ALWAYS accurate. Yours sounds pretty accurate, but we can't always rely on them 100%.

If in fact you DO have severe impingement of the nerves, and are facing permanent nerve damage, you MIGHT be a candidate for surgery. BUT you would have to talk with your neurosurgeon about this. I would get a 2nd opinion on this before I'd jump into surgery tho, as surgery should be a LAST RESORT. Surgery is NOT for relieving pain. It's only for correcting mechanical problems. While you may get pain relief, you may also end up in the same pain or worse. So don't expect to be pain free from surgery because that just not realistic in most cases.

I hope you get some good news from the Neuro. PLEASE let us know what you find out, ok? God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
First of all, I want to apologize for my impatience yesterday. I now realize that I had not given anyone much time at all to respond to me. I was in alot of pain and was just wanting some kind of answers and as most of you all know when you are in pain, you just want someone to listen to you. I do apologize. I have been given some meds to help with the pain I am having but as most know, it does not come close to relieving it. I have just started going to the pain Dr so they are only beginning to treat me and building me up (their words, not mine)on my meds. They do not want to just throw me into some meds all at once. I understand what they are doing but at the same time, it is rough dealing with the pain. As for the injections, I have done the epidurals before and they were useless. When they said injections would not help me they were including all the ones they do and believe me that includes alot because this is a very big place and they do a large number of injections. Since reading the replies on here I did look up my tests results in the med dictionary as someone suggested and t is not very encouraging. This is not my first EMG, have been going thru all this since 2008, just prayed at some point it would get better. Thank you for the well wishes I truly believe I need them. [I[/I]
Lindaky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (05-27-2012), ginnie (05-27-2012)