View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear Mrs. AndreaR

I am so sorry to hear of your mothers Decline. Welcome to Neruo Talk. I hope some folks will come by and help you more. I was a care taker too for both my parents, I do know the stress that comes with any decisions made with our loved ones. If your mom, declined that fast, you need to investigate the medications she has or has not recieved, and for sure check with all her physicians. In my opinion, I would be concerned. If she had been failry stable before, and this occured really fast, that is not a good indication that she has been watched, or cared for enough. Nutrition must be addressed, especially if there is an eating problem or some kind of mental issue associated with it. Seniors need to keep up nutrition, and there are suppliments in many nursing homes to help with this. Please go over all the things you can with those in charge of her care, and find out what is going on regarding her care. Mini strokes can happen that cause real confusion etc, so it is important she gets checked out medically right away. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope she gets stabilized, and that her decline can be reversed, and her nutritional needs addressed. All my best to you and your family. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote