View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, keep it up you are helping lots of people

I live in Canada (I moved from the US thirteen years ago and I'm now a citiczen, BTW we lived in ID for awhile ). The medical system here is a very mixed bag from what I have experienced. I hadn't realized the hormone work up would be that expensive, but I should certainly know better by now (we have paid for many, many services both educational and medical out of pocket--some of if has been very, very worth it). OK I will need to see if I can't push someone to look at her hormones. Interestingly she is 13.5 years old and has yet to start her menses. I don't believe I see signs of thyroid issues thankfully.

Yes, I'm now icing her neck. It is tender when trigger points are pressed. I do believe there are on-going issues there. Thanks for your input about sleep medication ideas. I've been leery to do anything, as hard as it is to see her like this. I believe she is now far more sensitive to medications because of these concussions. She had an emergency surgery last year and responded poorly to some of the medications (an anti-nausea and an antifungal-antibiotic/very, very loopy/angry) and I believe the hx of concussions plays a role. So I'm not keen to put any prescription medications into her system. She is still having problems falling asleep but she doesn't become as restless and agitated now. She is also staying asleep/waking less. She presents pretty well but when you scratch the surface it's clear she is pretty symptomatic (slowed processing, memory issues, emotionally liable, can't take going out but for short periods and then everything is much, much worse, the list goes on). One of the things we do battle with is that the doctors have a very hard time appreciating all that she is experiencing--obviously a common issue.

Thanks again Mark, I will be following up on your suggestions.
pretdou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote