View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone for all the great information. Thank you to Lit Love, those links you included were very helpful. The information was great. When I had my first go round with RSD, there wasn't this much information out there. Or at least I couldn't find it. I think maybe the neuro wants to cover all the bases and make doubly sure it's not a nerve entrapment. Ordinarily I would have asked her this when I was in the appointment, but all the pain has made my brain mushy. Perhaps I'll call her Tuesday to check.

She said she wanted to do the nerve conduction test to "confirm it was RSD." At first, I thought she meant the nerve conduction test would show RSD. But maybe she meant, if nothing showed on the nerve conduction test, it's definitely not a neuropathy, thus definitely RSD again.

I think despite the pain and risks involved, I may have to do the nerve conduction test. I'm on short-term disability leave from work, and I think they need some objective clinical evidence to give creedence to the RSD diagnosis, especially if I don't go back to work after my short-term disability runs out. The only "test" the docs have done is a neck MRI. Because I've had RSD before, they were pretty quick to say it's RSD again. I'm confident it is too, but they haven't made me do as many tests as I did the first time, so there's not as much info to give the disability company.

I know the nerve conduction test will be painful, is there anything I can do to make it less so? Will pain killers help?
KathrynL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote