View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I noticed your other post in the remission thread and it reminded me--if you're not currently on a course of steroids, that would be a good idea as well. I can't remember if I did or not, but I always have them in for flares, travel, etc. If it's the kind that builds up, you want to be at the strongest dosage the day of the test. If the packs starts at the highest dosage, start it the morning of the test, etc.

And since I'm having a weird flare myself, this was a good reminder for me as well! One of those Homer Simpson "doh!" moments.
I'm not on prednisone right now. They tried it at the beginning of this bout of RSD, but I was non-responsive. I was on a blast for about 2 weeks, but it's over now. While there's some swelling with this round of RSD, there's not as much as there was with my foot the first time I had RSD. Both my neurologist and my rheumatologist (who first diagnosed my RSD in 2003) are dealing with the RSD. I like my rheumatologist more and he's more accessible, so maybe I'll ask him about giving me prednisone for the nerve conduction test.

Also, you mentioned break through pain meds. What are those?

Since I can't drive in general, I do have a driver so I don't have to worry about that. The hospital where I'm having the test is about an hour away, so there's no way I'd make it alone. The joys of living in a rural state.
KathrynL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-27-2012)