View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angdunn View Post
Hello, I hope you're not still experiencing your tooth pain, but I can relate to your story. I have constant pain in my teeth although my teeth are structurally fine--dental exam and xtrays showed no problem. My trigger is particles that I breathe in through my nose which then cause a bitter metallic taste and my teeth to hurt. I haven't found much research on atypical odontalgia, but I believe that explains my condition. How did you determine this? I take Aleve and use prescription toothpaste that has high concentrations of fluoride and swish lidocaine in my mouth to help ease my pain. It's disturbing. Angie
Do you have metal fillings in your teeth? You may want to try a mix of water and baking soda to brush your teeth and then swish it and spit it out. This will neutralize the acid in your mouth that could be a part of your problem. You may want to contact a dentist in your area that is a member of the IAOMT. You can search for their website. Click on the "find a doctor link" If you have metal fillings then watch the smoking tooth video on the website.
rehcptdc71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote