View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Do I have meralgia paresthetica ??

I am 62,(very healthy) 9 days ago I was sitting on the floor for about 2 hours sorting out papers. The next day I got up and had an aching in my right thigh. it got worse during the day .. The next morning I woke up in agony and had to call a friend to be on standby to take me to the ER the pain was so severe. I ended up getting an appointment with my Dr who did an ultrasound to R/O a clot. He has referred me to a Neurologist this friday.
Back up...A little history... I do get a pain in my hip/groin after riding in the car for more than 2 hours (this has been happening for years) it goes away when I get out and stretch and did not happen again until another long ride.
other facts, I did have endometriosis(scars?) 30 years ago.

back to now... I am in pain constantly, when sitting(anywhere, toilet, table,car etc) when I get out of bed the pain is unbearable for at least 30 minutes until the Vicoden kicks in and the (nerve is stretched?) the only time the pain subsides is when standing and or lying flat . and actually I was awakened by the pain in the middle of last night (first time pain came while lying down.) The pain is in my Hip, groin, buttocks and radiates down the front of my shin.

So , I am looking forward to my appointment... but , after googling alot of my symptoms I ended up with this possible problem.... What do you all think?
Thanks for listening.... any thoughts would sure be helpful.
Stormywx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote