View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Momzpeachy,

Where to start? How old is your daughter? I don't know if it was this post or another as I went back and read a couple of your posts you mentioned that you daughter gets good grades. If she is non-verbal how did she learn to read? I ask a lot of questions. Sorry. I am the mother of an adult autistic daughter who is almost non-verbal. She learned a few sight words because she was not verbal enough to try phonics. When she became a little more verbal I was able to teach her to read.....long story. Lets just say that she had some good school experience and some was a major waste of time.

I can't help you with the other physical problems, but with the Aspergers or Autism, it is mostly a descriptive term so an accurate diagnosis is not that important as the learning disabilities would be treated the same. You may need an accurate diagnoses to get funding though. My daughter was diagnosed with autism by ruling out everything else.

Right now does she talk, read at all, and what grade is she in? What would indicate that she has Aspergers? I would like to help if I can.

Judy
SallysMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote