View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I am beginning to think that the media are also some of the biggest bullies. They pick someone who is "different" ... and when there is no news... they go wild with it... for example, the recent news story about the woman who tanned all the time... the media was/is relentless...

Yep, no matter our age, there will always be bullies. They are people who are not happy with themselves... and they need help, big time!

I think the media was so harsh with this lady is because she took her 5 yr old tanning with her. The media was harsh because 5 is too early to be tanning and this little girl had no choice. The lady claims the child was not tanning just in the room... supposed witnesses claim the child appeared to have tanned when they came out of the tanning booth.

Someone reported this to the authorities and the media caught hold of the story and it went world wide....getting twisted and turned along the way.

I say if the lady wants to tan that's her choice... just leave the 5yr old with a sitter.

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (05-29-2012), barbo (05-28-2012)