View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused 12 days post extraction... and in pain!

I had 13, 14 and 15 extracted 12 days ago and I am still in a great deal of pain. I've seen the dentist again (6 days ago) and he said I'm healing fine and gave me stronger painkillers. The 13 and 14 came out fine, but the 15 broke upon extraction and was quite a bit more difficult to remove. I'm attaching a picture of my site at day 9. I could get a more current one if needed. I'm hoping to get some insight on the healing process and if this is, indeed, normal.

I took 10 days of antibiotics as well as Toradol and Tylenol #3. When that wasn't enough, he added Percocet and dropped the Ty#3. I have tried repeatedly to get off the hard painkillers, but each time I try (like today), I end up at home with my bag of ice on my cheek and a tear in my eye.

I rinse after every meal or drink (besides water) with a salt water rinse. And I CANNOT chew on that side, so I don't. The worst thing I do is try to pull out the chunks of bone that are working their way to the surface. I only push them around with my fingernails (probably not a good idea, I'm sure) and when they come out it does feel better. I have a LOT of chunks of bone showing and I'm worried that is the major cause of the pain.

Thanks for any help. I don't want to bother my dentist if this is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
12 days post extraction... and in pain!-tooth-extraction-jpg  
quazifrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote