View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Do you recall what you were doing when the first symptoms appeared? Were you exposed to drugs, toxins like solvents or heavy metals, vaccines, things like that? Were you ill with
a serious virus or infection, and did you use antibiotics for it?
Do you wear dry cleaned clothes often?
Do your symptoms ever seem better one day, and worse the next?
My in-town neuroglogist seems to be barking up the tree of central pain sensitization syndrome. I have read about RSD and don't seem to be progressing through those stages.

Among many articles on SFN I think this one seems to gel with my symptoms the best. I cannot post a link but googling "ildcare chapter 3 small fiber neuropathy" will bring up the PDF

When it started I was on multiple rheumatologic meds for arthritis including a TNF-a inhibitor. I stopped all of those meds immediately. All neurologists seem to agree that if it were toxic it would not continue to be progressive 2 years later. The arthritis I was being treated for is not associated with neuropathy. I was tried on IVIG for the neuropathy. It seemed to provide about a week of relief after all but a few infusions but my neurologist did not regard this as significant and decided my neuropathy is not immune mediated because of this.

Last edited by mrsD; 05-29-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags for clarity
Clay22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote