Thread: Neurologist?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammytammy50 View Post
I am in the middle of a worker's comp case and although I have so many symptoms of RSD, when I mentioned it to my surgeon(worker's comp appointed) at the last visit, he released me by the way, he acted like he had seen a ghost! I would like to see a doctor of my choice and get properly diagnosed but I don't know how to go about it. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm not sure what the laws are in your area but I would suggest getting a good work comp lawyer in addition to what kathy said about getting to a good doctor. The lawyer should be able to petition the courts for you to see another doctor and can work with work comp to get approvals. They can also advise you on the laws in your state. I know in Illinois we can choose our own doctor but we have a limited number of choices. There are also many doctor's offices that will require approval from work comp before even allowing you to SCHEDULE an appointment. Having an attorney can help speed this process up because with RSD time is of the essence. If you can find a lawyer with experience handling cases with RSD that is a good idea too.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote