View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Congrats finallywon01 that's great news! You may get more responses on the social security board tho.
Bunz
So i have been diagnosed with bipolar, major depression, ptsd/anxiety w schizophrenic epeisodes. I applied 10/09, denied. I had my 1st alj hearing 2/24/12, denied. The ssa dr said i had a GAF of 59, moderately impaired. My dr said I was GAF 49, severely impaired. I believe I can get a remand, because he said my dr said I was chasing SSA $. But i dont think so cuz he the one wrote schizo and severely impaired. Does any1 win at a 2nd hearing? This alj went against 2 seperate Dr.s both saying i was at least moderately prevented from work, giving 'great weight' to diagnoses he wanted to use, but not to diagnoses that coincide with my claim. Should I get a 3rd dr opinion? I have Binder&Binder, should i get a new lawyer? The denial was pretty harshly worded. He mentioned my criminal history as a reason not to grant it (which I feel is bias and against my civil rights), and totally misquoted everything i said. Should i just quit? Plz help Can a judge give no weight to 2 doctors opinion, one of which is a ssa Dr?
neema84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote