View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sydney,
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Since I work 90 miles from home, I stay in a hotel the nights that I am working and I don't have a lap top to take with me. So my replies will usually be on a weekend or on a day that I am home.

With regard to monitoring the healing progress of dental implants with xrays....... it just makes sense to do so, but alot of dentists do not think it is necessary. We don't charge the patient for these xrays and it only takes a few minutes to do.

Biological dentistry originated in Germany sometime during the 1960's. I believe dental schools in Sweden, Austrailia, Italy, England and a few other countries actually incorporate it as a part of their dental curriculum. In the US, you have to seek this type of education on your own from outside sources, in addition to dental school because it is not a part of the traditional curriculum. In fact, it is shunned upon by conventional dentists because it is more than just "tooth carpentry", it is whole body dentistry.

Biological dental care takes into consideration how dental treatments can affect the immune system along with a persons overall health. Treatment is usually very individualized as we all have different needs and various things going on healthwise. People who seek this type of care, usually are very health conscious and well informed about the hidden dangers of various toxic materials commonly used in dentistry and they want no part of that. Or they are very ill and concerned about the possible link between their illnesses and their oral health. It is common for a patient to have a physician who provides various therapies to coincide with their dental treatments. As with any business, there are some who don't necessarily practice what they preach. Not all Biological dentists shy away from root canals as they are more comfortable riding the fence on controversial subjects. It's always difficult to be considered different amongst your peers........ some people prefer to stay neutral and others are leaders and pioneers in what they believe in.

You could do a search on biological dentistry on the net. You will find a wide variety of issues, some will make sense and others will seem very far fetched. To each his own........

Be well......
Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote