View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
I'm surprised they {drs} aren't more concerned about the extra c ribs? Do they show up as small or an incomplete set?
{some will have a large or full set and some only partial set}

I always thought in most cases extra c ribs were a definite positive for TOS if the symptoms fit also.

If you aren't in high pain or constant pain they may not want to risk doing any surgery yet.

I would call around to hospitals or dr offices and ask lots of questions to try and track down an expert surgeon or doc that has a firm knowledge of TOS.
Even PT places and therapy rehab places might be of help with that kind of info.

Is there any of the advanced imaging places in the area?
3D MRI or MRA? I might have the names wrong or maybe there is another one I can't recall the name of it.
Hi there everyone,

The surgeon I have seen, hand surgeon with an interest in TOS, stated that the operation to remove ribs would be an absolute last resort. She stated that it is not a highly successful op and quite dangerous considering how close they would have to go to the arteries etc. I dont know if they are a full set or half set but they are only about 4cm long and can be seen on an ordinary xray. All Drs agree I have TOS but noone gives me any info or follow ups. I think they dont know enough about it. Probably hoping id go away!!!
ozzy14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote