View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tatia, The first time you took it, you OD'd because you took another 60 mg. 30 minutes after the first one! Is that correct?

Your doctor should've been more specific. What my MG expert told me is that starting out with a lower dose, like 15 mg., once or twice a day is a good idea. Then you can slowly build up the dose to see how your body responds.

More isn't always better with Mestinon. And DO NOT take it sooner than 4 hours in between doses! You could end up in an MG crisis, even if you don't have MG.

There will be plenty of time later to figure out if you have MG, get an expert's advice (a real doctor) and go from there.

How effective Mestinon is depends on a number of factors: How weak you are when you take it, how well your body metabolizes it, how accurate the dosing is, etc.

It is NOT a good idea to keep playing with the dose amount. My advice would be to start at that 15 mg. four times a day (no sooner than 4 hours apart) for a week. Then try 15 mg. 2x in the morning and 30 mg. later in the day for the other 2 doses. Again, I am NOT a doctor, so you need to attempt to speak to one about this.

I'm really sorry you don't have definitive answers. A Mestinon trial may or may not give you them. The one thing you definitely don't want is to take a drug that makes you worse! I hope you'll know soon if it works or not.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geode (06-01-2012)