View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default it's a pain but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma Namaste View Post
Things you don't want the neighbors to know:

A few quart canning jars (with lids), on the floor by the bed, work just great. You can set them in a square plastic tub if you're not confident of your aim. I use at least half a dozen, so they don't become heavy and unwieldy. Keeping them on the floor means you get down to use them, rather than up, balance by holding on to a bureau drawer knob. Then you just scoot back up into bed without ever having to turn around. The simplest solution is the best, and safest. In the morning the night's collection goes in a bucket, and is surreptitiously added to the garden compost. Retro rocks!

Cheers
It is what it is. I have been dealing with this, becoming increasingly incontinent over the last year, and most troubling at night when my carbolevo dopa level has plummeted. For the past year I repeatedly tried to get to the bathroom before I wet myself & was repeatedly too late. That caused me continual frustration, agitation & made me feel inadequate. Even scarier, not wanted to disturb my dear sweet hubby, it was unsafe. So after a long time fighting it and wanting it to be different I decided to accept it. I use adult diapers, and double padding with tena products being the best. I pad the bed, and usually it stays dry. anyway thats what i do...
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote