View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How long can PCS symptoms lie dormant?

I am new to this forum and had a question about symptoms of PCS. I was assaulted about 15 years ago. I thought I was ok and never reported it. I was young at the time and didn't know I had experienced a concussion. I was even knocked out for a short period of time.

I've had fatigue, headaches, sensitivity to light and many of the other symptoms listed here. I've had blood tests and seen a doctor, but forgot, because at the time like I say, I was young, to tell them I thought I had a concussion or maybe two of them because of assault.

I always felt like a different person after that time.

Can anyone tell me where a good starting point is in seeking a doctor that might diagnose this for me? I may not have PCS. I mean, Wikipedia is so vague about it...like you might have it for a week, a month, a year or even for life...but I know any symptoms I had happened after the assault and seem to be getting a bit stronger as I age and I have read that once the brain ages, it can't deal with PCS as effectively. I thought since it was a good length of time, I couldn't possibly had it, yet I want to make sure. Can anyone help me here?
Adrastea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote