View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
Sorry to hear your surgery was unsuccessful. I appreciate the info about Dr. Avery. What kind of complications did you have as a result? Did you ever try to go back for a second surgery with another Dr?
I didn't really have complication except for phrenic nerve palsy (?) which causes the diaphragm to not work properly but that was supposed to resolve over time. My symptoms simply got worse, as did my daily headaches. After surgery I also developed migraines. I had an MRI of my brachial plexus with Scott Werden in SF eight months after surgery. It showed newly developing scar tissue on my brachial plexus. I haven't opted for more surgery. It seems to be a matter of diminishing returns if one tends to scar.

The problem I have with surgery is that surgeons often tend to hold the patient responsible if the surgery is not successful. You simply get handed off to the pain management doctors. I've never understood why doctors seem uninterested in solving the puzzle and answering why the surgery wasn't successful.

I wish you good luck whatever route you take.

Kelly
kellysf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (06-01-2012)