View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
If I had to choose today I would go with Dr. Gellabart,but luckily I dont. i have been doing PT with Dr Ando(No-spams PT) and I am feeling better overall but have had a couple of flare-ups lately. i am going to give it a few more months and if I still cant go back to work by August or September I will
consider it again. Of course I go back and forth depending on how bad the pain gets.This summer i may check into the Denver Dr's or at least call Dr. Sanders on the phone.
Both Dr. Angle and Dr. Fujitani (UCI) had nothing but great things to say about Gelabert, he is well respected. Just be clear with him that you don't want residents performing any of the surgery if you go that route. Angle said his surgical method is basically identical to Gelabert's. He trained under Gelabert and Ahn.

I would have gone to Denver if scalenectomy only would have been an option for me. I'm just thankful that I found Dr. Ando to find my rib issues and found Dr. Angle for his expertise local to me without me be delayed by the slow moving University systems.

Too bad Ahn's bedside manner and patient focus is not what it could be. The engineer in me really identifies with his methods but I can't be his guinea pig or subject my family to dealing with him if I have a surgical complication. On the plus side, he did give me his cell phone number (after Misty and I cancelled our angiogram procedures and criticized his bedside manor).
Ahn could very well be the most skilled TOS surgeon in SoCal, but no one is really willing to take a chance with him when there are other viable options.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote