View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I have been taking care of my mother in law who has Alzhimers for over two years now. I don't know of any program to help you pay for long term care insurance. I do know how expensive it is since I looked into getting it for my parents.
You mentioned you did not want to be burden to your family. I hope you will talk with them about your feelings that you are having symptoms. Since your family has been through this with your mother you know better than most what to expect. If you have children maybe you all could go in together to help pay for the long term care insurance. Just an idea. I know I would glady do that with my siblings and parents.
I know since your already a caregiver you know this but I hope that you talk with your doctor and are on the medications that help maintian your memory and that you are telling your family so they can look out for you. Also, don't let your doctor just make the assumption that because your mother has alzhimers you do also. So many forms of dementia are labeled as alzhimers and a good doctor can check to see if your symptoms might be caused by something that is more treatable. We are all praying for better treatments or a cure for this.
mrsQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote