Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

how scary to have a bunch of strangers (who claim to have no money, but can pay for a mating study on lobsters) hold your future in their hands. Will I be able to go on that vacation I always dreamed about? or will I be stuck home clipping coupons and seeing the local zoo? I went thru the same thing when I was retiring. Back and forth back and forth. Even after I retired they wanted to re re re negotiate our contracts. I thought once a contract was negotiated it was done...boy was I wrong! Even this year the governor of the state I worked for is threatening pensions left and right. The new hires can no longer retire after 20 years of hazardous duty, it must be 25 or more. They no longer count over time into your three highest earning years (even tho OT was mandatory) now its your last 5 years being averaged to make what your salary will be. it drops dramatically if you dont allow ALL the hours you were FORCED to work.

I hope they come up with a speedy resolution and its fair and equitable for all. its horrible to be told something for so many years, only to get to the finish line and someone says HAH HA! not fair!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-31-2012), Riverwild (06-11-2012)