View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello MrsD and thank you for your reply! I don't know the numerical reading for the B12 Deficiency. I was just told by my neuro back in 95 that I was extremely low. He felt that the deficiency is what caused the delays in the evoked potentials. I began having b12 injections and over time my vision improved (as did the evp of eyes). However the evps done of my legs improved and decreased which was confusing even to him. The last one done on my legs was June last year and they had worsened and the results of my right leg was significantly worse than the left. The neuro that read the results states that he has no idea why they are delayed.
When I saw the new neuro yesterday (one who performed the skin punch biopsy) he said that the damage done to legs from B12 deficiency is done and won't change. That is odd because they have been changing all along.
He then said that small fiber neuropathy is only on my foot, because the one above on the ankle is fine. I told him I still didn't understand why I have the burning skin pain that feels exactly like my foot, is on my arms, back neck and throat - sometimes even on stomach and buttocks.
The pain i am in is very severe. When pain began in muscles i was given oxycontin and when it moved into my skin it just became unbearable. Even though the pain is constant I have flare ups where even the fentanyl etc doesn't cover it. Obviously i don't take any more for the flare ups. i am just so confused. If it weren't for another website where a dr recommended the skin punch biopsy i wouldn't even have found out what i have so far. i guess i just keep looking. thank you very much for replying and if you happen to hear of sfn being elsewhere when biopsy on ankle shows it is fine please let me know.
The new drug he has given me to try is because the neuro that referred me to him believes that it is somehow triggered by immune system. whenever i have infections and go on meds i have bad reactions and flare ups. However the new neuro did bloodwork and nothing immune wise showed up.

Thanks again!
titanrules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote