Old 05-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruegger84 View Post
I think the CVS brand version is not that great IMO. I generally don't like CVS brand lotions anyways. And I try to use Eucerin for dry skin.
I don't know what you expect from magnesium in the first place.
I've completely lost all track of what you are trying to accomplish.

The CVS Epsom lotion is an alternative for oral use of supplements. People low in magnesium, have certain problems, like poor circulation, muscle tension, cramping. Peripheral Neuropathy which needs reduction of NMDA pain receptors. Magnesium is helpful for some ADHD problems as well.

But most of the HUNDREDS of actions of magnesium in the body's chemistry is silent.

Those of us on PN who use the topical form of magnesium do not use it for dry skin. We use it for the absorption of the magnesium. It does help to some extent however I've found for emollient use. It was formulated as a massage lotion which I read somewhere to soothe stiffness etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote