View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne4tos View Post
Dr. Ellis doesn't do scalene blocks. When I saw him, he offered heparin injections in key trigger areas. They were not areas which needed to be done under guidance.

Marc: Since your scalene block was unimpressive, did Ahn or any other surgeon suggest the Collins MRI and if not, why?

JKL: Has anyone wanted you to have this MRI as well? I'm mostly curious as his Northern CA counterpart's study is viewed as solid info. The geographical differences in diagnostic testing makes TOS all that more frustrating. Good luck to you with Ando. I hope you find relief and answers.
Anne:I had a brachial plexus MRI at Oak Tree in PAsadena It shows Neural Edema and helped my first Dr. Williams confirm a TOS Diagnosis. .I dont know if it differs from Collins or Dr. Werden's I think collins does MRA and other tests as well.Dr. Jordan doesnt think much of the MRI or the EMG/NCV. He relies on physical exam and scalene block to diagnose me. Dr. Gelabart didnt think either the Mac or SSEP was necessary but he did mention that the neural Edema points to the diagnosis. I would just rather do the MAC or SSEP before I do an Epidural or Facet Block when I know I have TOS. But I may have "double crush" symptoms whcih means the disc bulge could be causing some of my symptoms. I am going to make Dr. J look at my cervical MRI again since he is also a neurologist and decide what would be next.I also would rather have all the tests before I undrgo surgery if I can get them covered by my insurance. Dr. fish is not on my insurance right now and I dont know if anyone else in L.A. does them
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (08-30-2014)