View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Have I mentioned how I have learned to get up slower? I do not risk a quick stand up. It can cause to much imbalance. I start to get up but pause and make the effort of getting up/standing up two moves. First, I shift my weight to a position to stand-up then briefly pause before standing up.

The concentration issue I deal with by taking steps to increase focus. I need to work to ignore the distractions so I can focus or concentrate.

If I am in the car riding shotgun and need to read a map, I often have to turn off the radio and a/c fan.

I started with more severe difficulties concentrating and would even need to close my eyes.

Getting to where I am now has been a disciplined effort. Now, I can pull my focus together much easily. I don't think I have less struggle focusing, just better skills at doing it.

Before PCS, I did not need to make an effort to focus.

My balance and focus problems started in 1987 after two general anesthesia surgeries within a year. My balance was a mess. Then, in 2001, my injury seriously effected my concentration.

I have cut a finger off because of difficulty concentrating. I now know in what environments I need to take extra precautions.

It is a learning process in addition to a healing process.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
camyam73 (06-01-2012)