View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default slowness in spades

oh yes, lindy, i have slowness, loss of fine - and even gross (increasingly difficult to wash my hair, for example) - motor coordination. and retropulsion - did i mention retropulsion? "i'll just be over heeeeeeeere..." i say, as i carreen backwards across the room. (Retropulsion could be the reason for the "stooped stance" typical of Parkinson's – one leans forward to avoid falling over backwards)

it does make a good argument, but the *most* important thing, in my opinion, is, as you say, being informed about potential trade offs, and being given a realistic idea of how many (or few) options are available, how long they might work without disabling side effects, what the potential side effects are, how likely they are, etc. that way, each person can make their own decision based on their own symptoms and their own personal priorities. For example, I wish that I had held off on taking medication – I wish that my doctor had said "you may think this is bad, but remember, it's only going to get worse." When I started taking medication, I was almost symptomless, relative to now. But someone else might feel differently. Having all the information one needs to make an informed decision is the most important thing, imho.
boann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (06-01-2012), lindylanka (06-01-2012)