View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbie View Post
I was told the same. I've had a cervical epidural as well as a cervical facet block. For me, it was because I had a bulging disc. However, the epidural did not help at all, the facet block helped for 1 day and because it helped I had a nerve ablation (burning of the nerves although they grow back in a year or so). The ablation did not help that's why I don't believe blocks are always reliable.
Very Interesting. Where is your disc bulge? Mine is C5-6. I keep feeling that there is a connection between bulging discs and TOS. Dr. Jordan wanted to do a Brachial Plexus Nerve Block with Pulsed Radiofrequency to help with the nerve pain in my arm also, but after I saw him last that pain has not been too bad. I didnt go through with it,because I was not convinced and it scared me a little. Also there is not that much research on it.

The Facet block he recommended is for my disc also to see if some of the pain is coming from there. He thinks Cervical epidurals should be the last thing because they are more risky.Did you do the epidural and facet block together? Who did them for you? Did it make your TOS symptoms worse?
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (08-30-2014)